10 April, 2008

Beijing!

Well, not know exactly where to start. It's been almost 4 months since my last 'update'.
So far Beijing has been good. We've found a nice 2 bedroom apartment downtown, opposite of the Workers Stadium (for the football fans - that's where the Olympic football tournament will be)

Got myself a new bike and this time even and bike-helmet. Yes a bike helmet. Just to put it in context...people don't even wear an helmet on motor bikes, let alone on bikes. Also a bike-helmet is almost only available at the Decathalon (French mega sports shop) and when you want to buy a new one you pay just as much as buying a whole new bike. (which is about 200 RMB = 18 euros)

I get the occasional you-are-weird-stare while biking around (and it would probably also happen when I'd wear a helmet back in the Netherlands) but I have to say it feels much safer, esp. looking at the crazy driving / biking and to be complete I also need to add - walking (you'd be surprised what some people do over here) that happens over here. Never a dull moment while biking in China.

No comments: